Wednesday, August 4, 2010
i'm in charge
For 2 weeks - the department is mine. One of the girls called me "boss lady" yesterday and I shivered and said "don't call me that!" I have 3 big "keep things moving" tasks and one big, giant, horrible in itself "forward plan" project thing...I thought I could just come in and have tea today but I think I'm going to need the Starbucks crack to get through this. I was fooling myself that I was going to get any sleep or do much while she is gone. Things are already coming up that might as well be organic chemistry for all that I understand them. Omg, I miss her already. I am going to learn so much so quickly, it's ridiculous.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
this is 15 million times awesome!
ReplyDeletehow did this go??
ReplyDeleteShe comes back tomorrow. I'm going to hug her. I miss her. I've cried twice, but no one saw. I'm over it. The boys here are stupid and useless. No wonder she is always wanting to pull her hair out.
ReplyDeleteShe's back and I have decided I don't want her job dealing with super dumb people that take a lot of patience, or talkers who don't do things. I have found that I care way more about getting things done than most people and now I don't know if I care anymore. I don't know that it was a good experience. I feel 10 years older.
ReplyDeleteis it her job or the people? is she someone who is kind of like a delegator and she needs to jus tbe on top of what everyone else os doing? details!
ReplyDeleteit sounds like you earned the run away for a little bit. :)
She has lots of needy annoying people that need her for lame things. It drove me nuts for 2 weeks. I like people to not need me, but for me to just do stuff they appreciate and benefit from. I like to be independent. I didn't like being the team leader and driving the projects. I don't like that she has to make the talkers do things, I would just smash their faces in or put my fist in their talking talking talking mouths. I don't have a lot of faith in my job right now. It's really lame to realize that no one really cares - and that without my boss and all her pushing and wrangling, nothing would get done. I don't want to make people work, or force them to care, I just want them to on their own. I just want to make things and build communities and surf the internet sometimes in my shorts and flip flops.
ReplyDelete