how do you stop yourself during the day to write down ideas? even just bullet point ideas?
i'm finding this to be the hardest thing to bring into a routine of some sort and i don't know why. i've never been a day planner kind of person, everything just kind of sticks in my head. but i know that all of these fleeting ideas that i have aren't always going to stick and i WANT to write them down, i just don't do it.
i have the notebook and everything, just waiting to be used.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My secret - I keep more than one note place. I make myself stop and write on anything within reach, rather than trying to keep it in my head until I can reach my note pad. Then I compile it back into the main note place later. This means I have notes in my phone, texts to myself, notes on my bathroom mirror in dry erase, and then the big giant pad in my living room. Once you realize how much energy it takes to try and keep something on your rolling mental list, you'll be more inclined to write things down more freely so you can give yourself a break.
ReplyDelete