I am taking 2 days off next week to run away from the world. I haven't decided what I'm doing, but I'm so, so so excited to be getting the fuck out of dodge. So excited.
I leave Tuesday morning and come back Thursday. If you don't hear from me, either bears killed me or my car died, but I'm doing this damn trip and I'm getting away from all these people. :)
I think that is slates hot springs in big sur, which is now Esalen I think, I really really want to go there, but it's expensive - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slates_Hot_Springs,_California.
I'm going almost to nevada in the Sierras - its far and more than I wanted to drive, but it came by recommendation and hot springs didn't sound like a bad idea. It's almost 6 hours from here, and near South Lake Tahoe. I cannot wait. Today is so painful. I just want to pack and leave. In fact, I'm going to get wood right now I think and use my lunch hour wisely.
hmmm... 2 days from the cruz. where to go. i'm VERY curious.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=508
ReplyDeleteI leave Tuesday morning and come back Thursday. If you don't hear from me, either bears killed me or my car died, but I'm doing this damn trip and I'm getting away from all these people. :)
that's the hot springs where henry miller went to bathe when he lived in big sur! :)
ReplyDeleteI think that is slates hot springs in big sur, which is now Esalen I think, I really really want to go there, but it's expensive - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slates_Hot_Springs,_California.
ReplyDeleteI'm going almost to nevada in the Sierras - its far and more than I wanted to drive, but it came by recommendation and hot springs didn't sound like a bad idea. It's almost 6 hours from here, and near South Lake Tahoe. I cannot wait. Today is so painful. I just want to pack and leave. In fact, I'm going to get wood right now I think and use my lunch hour wisely.
i don't know, i remember him mentioning Grover in his books. hm.
ReplyDeleteps - you got wood. heh.