Sunday, August 8, 2010

speaking of Matt E

He's not coming back to the Crepe Place. I didn't know this and asked Adam about it and Adam had no idea he was coming to the West and said he'd "be hurt if Matt didn't come." I confirmed Saturday with KC that he's not, he's doing 2 days in Seaside down by Monterey instead and KC's house concert in SF. Now I feel weird because I asked Adam to email him and find out when he was coming. Oops. I also did a little begging for Tim Easton again. I also asked Adam to list off the 3 shows I shouldn't miss this year. I love that he knows my musical tastes and went through his book to hand pick ones. "These United States" is the first one. We'll see how they are!

David our bartender was there Friday..I promised I wouldn't get drunk and dance on his bar this time.

2 comments:

  1. maybe they're just doing a limited toury thing? maybe the crepe place doesn't pay? that's why steve didn't do mississippi studios up here... he's GOOD friends with the owners, they both came to his show at the woods, and he won't play there again because they don't pay.
    maybe matt's playing the attic?
    and i don't know how much tim easton is going to be touring for the next little while, he's about to (if he didn't just) become a daddy for the 1st time.
    i miss david. i want to go back there sober and talk to him and see what he's like when i'm lucid. :) and i want some of that cream of cauliflower soup again. that shite is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I understand why he isn't coming back, it was just an awkward moment with Adam, and now I feel bad that Adam is going to get his feelings hurt, even if it is for good reasons. Matt is doing 2 days in Seaside where he grew up, so it makes sense that he can pack more people in there, and it's not awful for me to drive down there. No more attic :(. The Crepe Place is one of the last small venues we have - then you have to do like Chuck and move on to Moe's. The Crepe Place has not been good to our guys recently, Steve's audience was severely lacking as well. But I know they pack them in there for other shows, so I don't know what it is. Bad marketing maybe?

    ReplyDelete