I ate at home tonight.
I baked chicken I got pre-marinated from Whole Foods last week.
Then I made myself not be lazy and saute zucchini (from my garden) to have something on the side.
It was a tiny big deal step to finding a routine. And yum and healthy. Yay.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
yay!! that's an awesomely rad step.
ReplyDeletei'm trying to do the same thing in different areas. setting work boundaries is hard for me. :)
In further steps to find a routine, granola and yogurt for breakfast. This is big since I also rarely eat yogurt or do more than drink my breakfast. I didn't stop to get coffee, and if I want it tomorrow I'll remember to get a bit more 1/2 and 1/2 and make it at home. I forgot the leftover chicken I was going to bring for lunch so I will have that for dinner with a small salad of the tomatoes I picked today, and I think I have enough stuff to make some dessert-y thing out of the zucchini, or maybe I will save them and do some stuffed thing with them tomorrow for dinner. They are too big and probably not good for saute type things.
ReplyDeleteMike and I went into the office supply store and it is back to school time and I looooove new back to school things, I never outgrew it. I had to tell Mike that I was in a trigger place and I just needed to take my intended 3 items and get the hell out before there was impulse spending. This is going to be much harder than I thought.
LISTS. lists are ALWAYS good for shopping. that's what i loved about austin and knowing where everything was - i had a list of items that i got at the HEB once a week and, unless a once in a while purchase came up, i would be out of there in 20 minutes or less spending under $35. it was AWESOME.
ReplyDeletei'm glad to see you're cooking at home more - you are seriously going to save moolah. and i think that you'll see that by eating something for breakfast rather than drinking it, you're going to crave the not so good stuff a lot less.