Tuesday, July 6, 2010

stuff and stuff

have i adequately expressed how unbelievably excited i am to have my own place again? when i said i'd consider doing a room share thing when i first got here, i must have been high. seriously. because having my own place ROCKS MY FACE.

i love it i love it i love it.

if i ever meet a man that is single and hangs out long enough for there to be discussion of joining quaters, he'd better be rich so he can get a house with 2 separate wings with separate kitchens and bathrooms and whatnot with a communal room where there is a huge bed for screwing. and movie watching. and pillow fights.

WOW. that sounds pretty heavenly. or he can just get the apartment next door and we'll just meet up for cuddling, screwing and conversation. :)

anyhooters, i've decided that i'm going to celebrate having my own space as much as i can and i feel like actually USING space is the way to do that. so, once i get a complete kitchen together, i'm going to make myself cook a new meal at least 2 times a week. i kind of did it yesterday and i poached salmon and made some brown rice and IT WAS GOOD. i seriously surprised myself because i usually don't do shite like that.

i feel awesome and accomplished.
oh, and i wore a dress to walk around and do my errands on saturday and got 2 catcalls, 2 homeless dudes talking to me, 3 "nice dress!"s and lots of stares. it was weird but good and i want to do it again.

how was your 4th?

3 comments:

  1. This is really fantastic news. I'm really glad that you can have that. Not only do I personally agree that living alone is the greatest thing you can do for yourself, and by far the best gift you can give yourself...but I really think when you decided to compromise that in the past is when your path started to go all wonky. (From my perspective anyway.)

    Cooking is neat, but still intimidates the fuck out of me, and makes way too much for one person. I would appreciate any non-fish finds you happen to come across as winners in your adventures.

    By the way - I know engaged people that did that - they owned separate houses and basically dated instead. He had younger kids and she was done raising hers, so she didn't want to live with them. They eventually broke up, but I always thought it was awesome. I'm realizing more and more that while having a mountain in between me and my boy is inconvenient, I really and truly wouldn't have it any other way right now.

    Our 4th was really amazing. I am so in love, it's ridiculous, and this weekend really just drove it home - We are an awesome match and we have so much fun together. I really don't think anyone else has ever made me laugh so much, except maybe my Dad. We went on an awesome secret adventure, and he even rode the carousel with me. We went for a great breakfast by the water on Sunday and then later that night hung out with some of his friends from work, and it didn't suck at all. I had Monday off from work, but he had to do records all day, so I just read by the pool and was lazy. It was the perfect 3 day weekend.

    My race is in 3 weeks. I'm scared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! I wanted to ask you - how is Portland feeling for you? Home for now or home for a while? Old pair of jeans or straight jacket?

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't be scared about your race! you're going to rock it's face off! i'm wholly impressed reading your updates and what not on distances and how you're feeling about it and stuff. i hope you're finding something in the running that you didn't think you would find - i think everyone does.

    i like it here in portland a lot, but i still SERIOUSLY miss austin. a LOT. like, i'm worried about how i'm going to feel and what i might do or want to do when i go back there for sxsw.
    i know that i'm not supposed to be in austin right now and i'm hoping that i'm clinging to the idea solely because it's something i'm familiar with - i am and have been around the unfamiliar so much lately that i just want something i know - rather than something else.
    that being said - i really do like portland a lot. a lot a lot. but it's not the old pair of jeans and it's not the straight jacket... it's the new shoes that you aren't sure are going to break-in right or not.

    on a plus side, i've started investigating schools and school options and doing very preliminary work to see what i need to do to go back to school for reals this time. there's a 1 year program that i really like in san francisco that i would probably do around my junior or so year. we'll see how that goes.

    ReplyDelete