i miss you too. things are good weird. i wish i could get down there for the crepe place show. :) but, it's pretty rad up here too. LOTS of awesome food and nature and gays that look like lumberjacks and... stuff.
I would like to visit Portland, I have never been there, and have heard it compared to the Cruz so many times, I feel I need to investigate. Unfortunately, I still owe Mike for my New Jersey christmas ticket. (Though I think I have finally let down my guard enough to agree it can be my Christmas present just so I can free up the brain space that is filled with anxiety over owing him so much damn money.)
Additionally, I'm not sure if I've mentioned a lot of details about it anywhere, but I've let down my sword against my mother as well, and decided that she is a human being, and with my grandfather declining further treatment for his brain tumor and her not having seen him in 5 years since they disowned us, I am sending my mother out to Missouri to see her parents again - likely for the last time. I think she deserves that moment, they deserve that moment, and apparently I'm the only one willing to put up $500 to do some healing in this family and create that moment. (I have secret hopes it does something to my mother's character, but I'm not holding my breath.) It also allows me to go home and spend some alone time with my father, which will never happen if I don't get rid of the wench, so it's a win win here. It was my gift to the whole family - the gift that keeps giving - the gift that keeps me from visiting them - or anyone later this year.
The mushy post came up this morning when I found myself wishing I could see you along the crowd when I was running Sunday. Mike and I had long talks this weekend about bad friends, I'm having some issues with a particular person and not sure what to do, and it made me realize that even though we've had a rough bump in our recent history, I can't ever say that you weren't in my corner or behind me. Your support and cheerleading means a lot to me, and I'm going to be wishing I had your smiles in the crowd to push me through those last miles this weekend.
you have a LOT on your plate. i'm glad that you're finding solutions to your mom and dad stuff, even if they are "creative" and a load on the pocketbook. i am probably going to have to do something similar at some point in the future, but i'm so not ready for that right now. it makes me think and hope that mine will go on the more positive side of horrible. :)
if i could be there this weekend, i most definitely would because i didn't have anyone there at my marathon cheering me on and i'm sure that it would have helped incredibly because those last 6 miles were HARD. but have absolutely no doubt as to your ability to complete that 1/2 marathon and in great time as well. i'm super proud of the progress you've made so far, both physically and mentally with the running - it seems like it's helped you compartmentalize a lot of things - give them their proper due, you know?
i can put my goofy mug on a stick and send it to mike to hold up. :)
To indicate how exhausted I am, I thought to myself...what does a Disney mug on a stick have to do with Shannon? I'm the head of a new project at work, and I have a presentation at 9am tomorrow that I've had 2 days to work on...that leads to 3 weeks of insane work and me going south at the end of August to present to the exec team. I'm nervous...and fucking tired...but it's my turn at the plate, and after almost 10 years involved in this company, it's nice someone is finally asking me to be a part of the next vision. But right now, I'm afraid if I lay down, I may wake up AFTER the meeting tomorrow.
i miss you too. things are good weird. i wish i could get down there for the crepe place show. :)
ReplyDeletebut, it's pretty rad up here too. LOTS of awesome food and nature and gays that look like lumberjacks and... stuff.
I would like to visit Portland, I have never been there, and have heard it compared to the Cruz so many times, I feel I need to investigate. Unfortunately, I still owe Mike for my New Jersey christmas ticket. (Though I think I have finally let down my guard enough to agree it can be my Christmas present just so I can free up the brain space that is filled with anxiety over owing him so much damn money.)
ReplyDeleteAdditionally, I'm not sure if I've mentioned a lot of details about it anywhere, but I've let down my sword against my mother as well, and decided that she is a human being, and with my grandfather declining further treatment for his brain tumor and her not having seen him in 5 years since they disowned us, I am sending my mother out to Missouri to see her parents again - likely for the last time. I think she deserves that moment, they deserve that moment, and apparently I'm the only one willing to put up $500 to do some healing in this family and create that moment. (I have secret hopes it does something to my mother's character, but I'm not holding my breath.) It also allows me to go home and spend some alone time with my father, which will never happen if I don't get rid of the wench, so it's a win win here. It was my gift to the whole family - the gift that keeps giving - the gift that keeps me from visiting them - or anyone later this year.
The mushy post came up this morning when I found myself wishing I could see you along the crowd when I was running Sunday. Mike and I had long talks this weekend about bad friends, I'm having some issues with a particular person and not sure what to do, and it made me realize that even though we've had a rough bump in our recent history, I can't ever say that you weren't in my corner or behind me. Your support and cheerleading means a lot to me, and I'm going to be wishing I had your smiles in the crowd to push me through those last miles this weekend.
you have a LOT on your plate. i'm glad that you're finding solutions to your mom and dad stuff, even if they are "creative" and a load on the pocketbook. i am probably going to have to do something similar at some point in the future, but i'm so not ready for that right now. it makes me think and hope that mine will go on the more positive side of horrible. :)
ReplyDeleteif i could be there this weekend, i most definitely would because i didn't have anyone there at my marathon cheering me on and i'm sure that it would have helped incredibly because those last 6 miles were HARD. but have absolutely no doubt as to your ability to complete that 1/2 marathon and in great time as well. i'm super proud of the progress you've made so far, both physically and mentally with the running - it seems like it's helped you compartmentalize a lot of things - give them their proper due, you know?
i can put my goofy mug on a stick and send it to mike to hold up. :)
To indicate how exhausted I am, I thought to myself...what does a Disney mug on a stick have to do with Shannon? I'm the head of a new project at work, and I have a presentation at 9am tomorrow that I've had 2 days to work on...that leads to 3 weeks of insane work and me going south at the end of August to present to the exec team. I'm nervous...and fucking tired...but it's my turn at the plate, and after almost 10 years involved in this company, it's nice someone is finally asking me to be a part of the next vision. But right now, I'm afraid if I lay down, I may wake up AFTER the meeting tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteset 2 alarms! you are gonna kill it. in the awesomely rad way.
ReplyDelete