Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Okay, I don't get web rankings AT ALL

Our blog - yes, this one - according to Alexa is ranked better than Steve's website almost. It's a close back and forth - we're only like 100k behind him - but last month, he was like 200k over that. Also, this blog - yes, this one - is ranked better than my photo blog that I have had for years - BY LIKE 2 MILLION PLACES. So I'm about to switch my crap over to WordPress and pay for a better chance at traffic and see if that changes anyway. But wow - I wonder if strangers read us and stuff. :) It's probably just the fact you and I visit it from different places, but weird.

2 comments:

  1. i thought you had to be invited to read this blog though? no? if so then that's REALLY weird. if not, then WOO HOO!
    and i can kind of understand about steve's site, i mean, he rarely updates and the message board is essentially gone. i haven't been on there in months because it's always broke. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! I finally got Steve's web rank under this blog's web rank as of today. He's at 751k - I've been checking every day. He was slipping bad when we were having a problem with a bunch of spam (especially of the peeing on people variety) but I made him buy a service and it's getting better. I am so loving working on his site, and I am so freaking excited that he loves it enough to refer me to other people. I will definitely have to think harder next year about how to package up my services for people. I'm thinking of making snappedinsin.com a Wordpress blog and being more serious about that next year and I am also thinking of being really bold and trying to start a community site next year around this idea I have that resembles my Project 30. I'm excited about having lots of time in the car to plot of my domination of the web. :)

    ReplyDelete