I want to do something fun or neat or romantic or pranky to Mike's house for when he comes home Monday afternoon. I pick him up at the airport at 2 on Monday, but think I am going over there Sunday so I don't have to deal with holiday traffic on the hill Monday, just the rest of the bay area holiday traffic. I am going to bake him some cookies, but I want to do something else big and fun to his place.
Something like this stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i think you should find a room in the house that he won't necessarily go into when you're there or right away and you should "rick roll" it.
ReplyDeletei did this with post cards - put the words to "never gonna give you up" one by one on colored post cards and then taped them all over the bathroom. the mirror was covered - you couldn't see anything else but these cards.
i think it would have gotten a significantly better reaction than it did, with any other person and at any other time. :)
I wonder how in the know about rick-rolling he is. He's had his head in a book for the last 10 years, but is excellent with the 80's and early 90's references, so this could work.
ReplyDeleteI'm SO exhausted. Just so I could show him I actually did something while he was gone, and so I will stop apologizing for my house being dirty and be comfortable with him coming here more often again, last night I did 3 loads of laundry, mopped the kitchen quickly, scrubbed the stove and did generally kitchen wiping, went to the gym and put new sheets on the bed and got the giant clothing mess that was my bedroom mostly done. Tonight I scrubbed my bathroom better than it has been scrubbed in a year, did another 2 loads of laundry (1 was Bella's bedding that was super duper gross and now is awesome), and went to the store. Tomorrow I only have the big pile of dishes in the kitchen, another trip to the gym, the living room mess and a big pile of shredding and I have to replant a pot and drop my camping stuff off back at storage. Then I can call my house actually and totally CLEAN not just appearing clean, but actually clean. This has not happened in a very long time. I'm so excited. It helped I had nice cleaning stuff that smelled awesome and made my house smell awesome. I have decided I love Meyer's if it is going to make cleaning an aromatherapy session. My house smelled great when I came home today!
maybe you can rick roll with 2 different color post-its and make a picture in with the post-its at the same time. like a 2-2-2 for one!
ReplyDeleteand i need to do a major scrub of my place too. i think i'm going to wait until i can get a steam mop though (9/15 can't come soon enough) because it seems like those things are the shizniz, yo. especially since i have all hard floors. i wonder if i can put lavendar extract or something in the water to make it smell pretty. maybe squeeze a lemon in there. :)
We talked about this the other night, I ended up telling him I wanted to do something to his house and this was suggested, and he was clueless. I had to explain it to him and I ended up looking up the whole thing on wikipedia, and apparently one of the biggest ways this was used was against Scientology at rallies and when Rick Astley was asked about the whole phenomenon, he mentioned that this was one of the things that amused him the most.
ReplyDelete