Thursday, October 28, 2010

holy crap

I dreamed I had a baby, but I couldn't remember having the baby or being pregnant, it was just all of a sudden there and I had to breast feed it, and we had no crib or supplies and was calling everyone asking for advice and balancing it in the back seat with no car seat. It was so crazy real that I woke up with this weird different mom feeling. I'm pretty sure I know why I had the dream, but it freaked me the fuck out.

Oh...AND...My Table of Contents is SIX PAGES now. I'd rather be writing porn. I feel like this is why I changed from a politics major to a sociology major - I hate writing lengthy documents that ramble and people scan anyway. No one is going to read this whole thing, I bet you.

3 comments:

  1. i totally had a baby dream one time. it's the ONLY dream or time i've ever woken up myself up by sitting stark straight up and sweating from a dream. it was SO weird and surreal. it stayed with me for days.
    why did you have the dream? i'm curious. :)

    have you gotten any of the writing done for this? i'm totaly taking your advice from yesterday re: inspiration and trying towrite things down little by little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I wrote some stuff. It wasn't enough or right or filled with enough decisions. I don't know enough to build this from scratch. I'm pretty upset about it all. I need help, there was supposed to be teaching. There isn't. I am a great self-teacher, but there is only so much you can learn from words or blogs or whatever.

    For the first time in my life, I have close friends with babies. I've known people with kids, but not ones I saw, or saw how it changed their lives or that they have been a part of mine. It's been very hard to not project myself on the father/daughter situations of my friends right now - to not see them as my Dad at that age, with me at that age. I have also been thinking more about being a parent as something that I'd like in this world, and how I am not sure how I'd go about that on the path I am on and who I am on it with (including my family support) so I think that's been on my mind. But to wake up and feel like I was missing and longing for something was really weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have a clock! and it's ticking! :O that's kind of awesome. :)

    my baby dream was very anti-baby for me. same as me.

    ReplyDelete