Sunday, November 22, 2009

i'm growing up

I got a coffee table.
My living room & bedroom are coming together. I may even frame my Ryan posters and hang them today.
You've been inspirational in the cleaning out the crap in my life and growing up a little.
Hopefully by the end of today, there will be no cluttered or dirty hidden places.
I even vacuumed under my couch, and got rid of that big dusty entertainment center. (Actually, it's sitting in the hallway until some big guy with a big vehicle can help me move it...but it's not in here...and I'm straight giddy.)
It was pretty amusing yesterday, I measured my backseat, and bought the table, and it was supposed to fit, but I didn't take into account the 2 inches I lose on each inside to the door handle. But I made it fit dammit. And now it is here and it's so pretty. It's the same one Mike has, I hope he doesn't mind.

By the way, he said "luv, mike" in his last email. We're 12. But, it's progress. I'm giddy. :)

Btw, if for some reason, you need to leave from the west coast or SFO, and need to dump your car some place for a while, we can talk about options for you around here.

1 comment:

  1. i don't know that i would call what i'm doing "growing up" - i think i'd call it "running away", but others see things differently i suppose. :)
    i think what i would call what you have going on is, pride - in the good way. you are finally becoming proud of who you are as a person and you want that to reflect in as many aspects of your life as possible. it's starting with your home - the place that you spend the most time - and then it's your fiscal situation, and then it'll definitely start to reflect in other aspects of your life.
    or, another way to look at it is that you're becoming comfortable with who you are and with how other people see you, so you want to make your home a place that you are comfortable in and that you would be happy to have other people come into and be comfortable as well - with no hidden pockets of stuff and what not.
    that's pretty awesome, yo. pretty fuckin' awesome. :)

    and i'm going to sell my car, so i don't think i'm going to need to find a place for it anywhere, but thank you for the thought.

    ReplyDelete